I just came back from hospital to make an appointment for my medical check up which is compulsory for my degree’s applications next month. I already done my X-ray session and for doctor’s meeting is on this 25th. Alhamdulillah. Finally, I managed to settle all this time-wasting stuff.
Back on the topic, just want to share something that might be useful for those who has some lips problems ; dry, chapped and cracked lips. Chapped lips can be unattractive and sometimes painful. I’ve been trying to get rid of this problems in years but still there’s nothing change. My lips are constantly dry everyday so I decided to use petroleum jelly to keep my lips moist and yeah, its work!
BUT, although I managed to avoid my cracked lips problem, there’s still some loose, dead skin on my lips that I have to exfoliate manually and that is why I’m doing this DIY. Don’t worry. I am using home ingredients which is 100% safe. Using remedies straight from mother nature is always the best. ❤
1) Make sure you have all the ingredients.
- One tablespoon of honey
- One tablespoon of sugar
- One tablespoon of virgin coconut oil
- One small spoon of strawberry food colouring
- A small bowl
- A wooden spoon
- A small container
2) Because of my sugar is in granulated form so I pounded them for a few times but not into powder. Just in smaller shape is enough. This is to avoid your lips become worst if you rub them with big sugar granules.
3) Mix all ingredients gently in the bowl.
Q : Why I’m using wooden spoon?
A : It is advisable not to use stainless steel spoon because honey is acidic and if we leave the stainless steel spoon in the honey for TOO LONG, the honey will corrode the spoon. This in turn will pollute the honey but if you scoop the honey in a very quick action the corrosion of the metal is UNLIKELY.
Credit to : Manuka Buzz
O : I think a plastic spoon also can be used. It is not a big deal as you just want to make your own lips scrub and not eating them.
4) Now, you’re lip scrub is good to go ! You may want to keep them in a small container so it become handy whenever you want to use it.
5) Take your concoction. Apply it to your lips, scrubbing off as many flakes as possible. Then, rinse off your lips with water.
6) After scrubbing session, make sure you coated your lips with lip balm / petroleum jelly or any lip moisturizer.
Voila ! You can store it in the refrigerator to keep the freshness and to avoid any damages. I’ve been using it for a few days and my lips is better now. There are some other ingredients to make your own lip scrub.
- Olive oil + brown sugar
- Petroleum jelly + sugar
- Honey + sugar
- Coconut oil + sugar
……and some tips for lip care
- Drink plenty of water everyday.
- Increase the amount of vegetables and fruits in your diet to a suitable amount.
- Refrain from licking your lips ; it dries them out and causes more chapping.
- Keep applying the lip balm throughout the day to keep your lips from getting chapped again.
- Sleep with the lip balm on your lips overnight.
- Rub your lips gently with a soft bristled toothbrush.
Hope could help. Thank you for reading. 🙂