Remember my longest review on my precious Kokuryu Super Summer Cake Powder? Did I manage to blow your mind? I hope it did. On the other hand, have you ever heard of the brand Ronasutra? If you’re Malaysian, I bet you do. It is one of the best and popular local brand. What I love the most about it is they are 100% mineral based cosmetics. I don’t want to brag but you must see this through.
Ronasutra is a range of mineral based cosmetic that is created to meet the needs of consumers today who are looking for an alternative to the usual face makeup available in the market today. It is suitable for all skin types, especially for problematic and sensitive skin.
With formulation that are safety-conscious and free from harsh chemicals, those with sensitive skin will get relief from blemishes, excessive skin oiliness and congested skin once they switch to Ronasutra Mineral Makeup.
Awesome right? Actually, 3 years ago, I managed to get my hands on the Ronasutra 2-in-1 Mineral Foundation and Powder which is basically a loose foundation. Mine was in the shade 04 Honey. My honest opinion is the powder really helps in my skin problems as in oily skin and a few severity of acne which also a little bit sensitive towards chemical products. Alhamdulillah for that because my skin gets better afterwards. It also lasts for like 5-6 months. Unfortunately, I was unable to maintain to use it because it is pretty steep for a student like me.
This year, I finally stand a chance to try it again! Ronasutra had organized a Merdeka Crazy Sales for the Independence Day last month and yeah, it was crazy. Crazy enough to get my head in dilemma. A few cosmetic sets were extremely cheaper than ever!
Wow. I was in shocked when I saw this on their FB page. I kept asking myself which sets I want to buy and it drives me crazy. Hahahaha. I’ve always wanted to try their retractable Kabuki Brush because well, I don’t have any makeup brushes so why not I bought the entire set? Finally, I picked Set 1.
The original price was hell. RM109 was too much for me. Hahaha. RM43 was quite reasonable since they included the Kabuki Brush. The original price of the brush is RM48 itself so I didn’t wait any longer and start to google so I get more information about the set. Luckily, Z managed to buy it for me since the sales was in Shah Alam.
Taraaaa! This is mine! *cry. I was super excited to try this out especially the brush. Hehehehe. On the first day of my new semester, I tried this out and Iove it! Lets check out the details and the packaging.
A) Ronasutra 2-in-1 Mineral Foundation & Powder (5 Colour Set)
The overall packaging of the set was normal and good for me. I can see all the products inside the package and I love on how they put the double sided flyers represent the details of the brand and other products. The package looks elegant and simple. Nothing messy. For the Ronasutra 2-in-1 Mineral Foundation & Powder (5 Colour Set), I love how it looks. The box also displays the instructions in both Bahasa Melayu and English. The container is high in quality and doesn’t looks like a cheaper plastic container plus the size is small enough to bring anywhere. Maybe you’re wondering what does it mean of 5 colour set in one powder?
The 5 colour set is actually a complete face makeup combined in one powder container but in the loose formula. It has 5 choices of colours in one set (Cream Peach, Sawo Yellow, Natural Buff, Honey and Mocha) to shade, highlight or blend to get your perfect shade.
How to use?
- Apply moisturizer.
- Dab the whole face with Ronasutra 2-in-1 Mineral Foundation & Powder.
- Even out the powder with Ronasutra Kabuki Brush or sponge using downward strokes.
- Repeat steps 2,3 and 4 to build coverage.
* (Optional – for extra coverage)- Apply Ronasutra 2-in-1 Mineral Base & Concealer after Step 1.
Mica, Silica, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Zinc Oxide, Red Iron Oxide, Yellow Iron Oxide
Free from talc and bismuth oxychloride
SUCI & HALAL FORMULA
No animal testing
Retail price : MYR58
B) Kabuki Brush
I love this brush so much because it is retractable and come in handy! The brush is so soft and able to give full coverage for the powder application. Also, suitable for sensitive skin like mine. 5 stars for this brush!
This retractable kabuki brush is a convenient way to apply Ronasutra Mineral Powders. Suitable for sensitive skin, it’s high quality synthetic hair glides smoothly over your face without irritating skin or aggravating existing skin conditions such as acne or rashes.
How to use?
- Open the cap and pull the brush casing half-way down to reveal only a quarter of the brush.
- Dip the brush into powder and dab all over face.
- Then, pull the brush casing all the way down to reveal the whole brush length, and blend the powders on skin using circular motion.
- Repeat these steps to get more coverage.
Retail price : MYR48
C) Ronasutra NBR Sponge
I don’t have a chance to try this sponge but my first impression is it is high in quality, soft and flexible also it is in a small size thus, it can fit within the powder container. The texture also seems blendable and easy to dab on the face. For this set, I get one sponge.
This anti-bacterial NBR sponge is suitable to be used on sensitive skin. It has excellent pick-up and pay-load properties tp ensure smooth application of Ronasutra Mineral Powder. Sold in pack of 2 sponges.
How to use?
- Dip sponge in some powder and dab the powder all over the face.
- Then, smooth and blend using the sponge or Ronasutra Kabuki Foundation Brush for Sensitive Skin
Retail price : MYR6
As per usual, for review, there’s no filter for this photo. I only applied my face lotion/moisturizer and the Ronasutra 5 colour set on top with the kabuki brush. My face looks glow and matte without any shiny and oily skin area especially on the T-zone. The loose formula naturally absorbs the oil on my face thus it lasts 8-9 hours! Even at night, my skin still looks fresh like I put a new coat of powder. Seriously, I love it.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT IT?
- Made from 100% natural earth minerals.
- Free from talc, oil, paraben or any synthetic formula.
- High UV protection.
- Safe to be worn during sleep.
- Buildable formula.
- Easy to blend to get full coverage.
- Able to control excess oil and sebum production on the skin.
- Enhancing the skin’s natural colour.
WHAT I DON’T LIKE ABOUT IT?
- Loose powder sometimes can be a bitch ; spilled everywhere.
- During application, I need to hold my breath to avoid any powder inhalation. Hahahaha.
- The clear twist compartment can be really difficult to work with.
- The sticker at the bottom of the container is really disturbing as I cannot see the different 5 shades.
All in all, two thumbs up from me. 🙂
Other products for Ronasutra brand are :
- Ronasutra 2-in-1 Mineral Foundation & Powder (8 shades)
From left : 00 Ivory, 01 Cream Peach. 02 Sawo Yellow, 03 Natural Buff, 04 Honey, 05 Mocha, 06 Chestnut, 07 Dark Chocolate
- Ronasutra Base & Concealer
- Ronasutra Pressed Mineral Foundation
- Ronasutra Mineral Cheek Colours/Blushers
- Ronasutra Eye Colours
- Ronasutra Mineral Lipsticks
- Ronasutra Makeup Brush Set // Application Tools
- Ronasutra Skincare
A video on how to use the Ronasutra powder.
For any information about Ronasutra, you may check out their website at www.ronasutra.com. I’m looking forward to have all cosmetics from this awesome brand.
Hope this helps. ❤
Thanks for stopping by. 😀